The Inov8 Race Ultra 290 GTX Trail Running Shoes
Utilising GORE-TEX product technology and the new GORE flex construction, the Race Ultra 290 GTX delivers the optimal combination of natural movement and flexibility with climate comfort and protection from the elements. This ensures feet remain comfortable and dry throughout even the wettest ultra run.
Inov-8 has partnered with Gore to develop inov-8's most flexible athletic GORE-TEX® footwear ever. Leveraging innovative construction and material solutions, the Race Ultra 270 GTX provides the optimal combination of natural movement and flexibility with climate comfort and protection, so you can keep running
The Inov-8 Race Ultra 290 utilises a flatter outsole which encourages a more stable ride, even when fatigue begins to set in and form begins to suffer. 2-Arrow Shoc Zone technology delivers superior cushioning and therefore comfort, even over longer distances.
The Race Ultra 290 features an X-STATIC footbed, which eliminates the bacteria that feed on sweat, thereby reducing odour as well as stopping debris from entering the shoe. A mesh lining allows air to permeate the shoe and the feet to stay dry and comfortable.
The Tri-C endurance outsole uses three different rubber compounds that deliver an equal blend of traction and durability and cushioning, meaning you can cope with the repetitive impact of ultra-running.
The Race Ultra 290 features a heel to toe drop of 8mm, which is lower than that of traditional running shoes. The multi-finger polymer Meta Shank aligns with individual metatarsal heads to accommodate natural foot movements and enhance underfoot impact protection.
The fit of the Race Ultra 290 is generous, resulting in increased comfort even when your foot has swollen during long-distance races; the shoe's upper has been carefully designed to minimise friction and enhance efficiency.
Despite the enhanced cushioning and other features of the Race Ultra 290, the shoe still manages to remain incredibly light, with a men's UK size 8 weighing in at just 290 grams, making the Race Ultra 290 the perfect shoe for the long-distance runner seeking protection, comfort and agility in equal measure.
- GORE-TEX - Provides the optimal combination of natural movement and flexibility with climate comfort and protection.
- Anti-Friction Upper - Delivers superb comfort and reduced irritation.
- Mesh Upper - Promotes good airflow throughout, keeping your feet cool and dry.
- 2-Arrow Shoc Zone - Offers superior cushioning and comfort.
- X-STATIC Footbed - Eliminates bacteria and odour whilst preventing debris from entering the shoe.
- Comfortable Fit - Provides excellent comfort and more importantly, preserves it as the foot swells and contracts during the rigours of distance running.
- Tri-C Endurance Outsole - A tripartite of rubber compounds delivers superb traction on a number of surfaces.
- Flat Outsole - Delivers a stable ride even when fatigue has set in during a long-distance race.
- Meta Shank - Aligns each metatarsal head for a natural foot position and superb underfoot impact protection.
- Weight - 290 grams (UK 8).
- 8mm Heel-to-Toe Drop - Lower than that of traditional shoes, promoting a more natural gait.
Inov8 race Ultra 290 GTX Women's Trail Running Shoes - 56% Off INO5054167360