ASICS GT-2000 5 Running Shoes
If you are an overpronating runner looking for a durable shoe that's able to withstand higher kilometre runs, then the GT-2000 is the one for you.
A mesh upper will encase you in breathable comfort; creating a better, healthier environment for your feet to thrive in. Discrete eyelets disperse lace tension, for a reduced risk of rubbing and a customised fit. Synthetic overlays exist to supply smooth support to the foot, and structure to the shoe. The external heel counter provides improved support and a snug heel fit, reducing in-shoe slippage for a distraction-free run, with minimal friction. Inside, a ComforDry sockliner will cradle the foot with breathable, moisture-wicking ease; preventing the development of that distacting clammy feeling and keeping you cool and motivated. A new, stitched down toe cap completes the GT-2000 5's upper; added to increase the shoe's durability and provide all-important forefoot support.
In the midsole, the Dynamic DuoMax Support System (a dual density midsole material) works to stabilise the foot during the push-off and landing phase, controlling pronation and preventing injury. Fluidride technology, a two layered midsole construction, features for a winning combination of cushioning and bounce-back. The luxurious SpEVA and Solyte material fusion results in comfort, durability and light weight; cushioning the foot from heel to toe throughout the gait cycle and supplying energy-packed bounce; reducing superfluous use of muscle power and therefore diminishing fatigue, keeping you driven for longer. Sitting above the Fluidride platform, and complimenting its bouncy nature, are the rearfoot and forefoot GEL Cushioning Systems. They work to reduce shock during the impact phase; sparing your joints as you sprint down onto unforgiving concrete, and allowing for a smooth transition to mid-stance. I.G.S Technology (Impact Guidance System) has been applied, using linked componentry, to encourage the foot to perform a more natural heel to toe movement.
The Trusstic System has been implemented to reduce the weight of the sole unit and link the forefoot and rearfoot. It works alongside the Guidance Line to encourage a more consistent and directional gait, without compromising the shoe's structural integrity. AHAR (Asics High Abrasion Rubber) is strategically placed on the outsole to provide extra durability and traction in high stress areas. The zigzag tread provides superior multi-directional grip; allowing stability on wet and dry ground. Flex grooves complete the shoe; promoting natural movement in the foot and contributing towards your smooth, uninterrupted stride. Choose ASICS GT-2000 5 for a sturdy, supportive and comfortable ride.
- Mesh upper - Lightweight and breathable.
- Synthetic overlays - Added support and structure.
- Exoskeletal heel counter - Provides improved support and creates an improved heel fitting environment.
- ComforDry sockliner - Provides cushioning performance and anti-microbial properties for a cooler, drier, healthier environment.
- Dynamic DuoMax Support System - Enhances stability and support, with reduced weight and increased platform comfort.
- FluidRide midsole - The ultimate combination of bounce back and cushioning properties with reduced weight and exceptional durability.
- Rearfoot and forefoot GEL Cushioning Systems - Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- I.G.S Technology - Promotes natural gait for a smoother stride.
- Trusstic System - Reduces the weight of the outsole whilst maintaining the shoe's structural integrity.
- Guidance Line - Longitudinal groove that decouples tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency.
- Flex grooves - Promote natural foot flexion.
- AHAR rubber - Superior traction and durability.
Asics GT 2000 5 Women's Running Shoe - SS17 - 40% Off ASIT757N4301